Sydney for conferences, events and exhibitions
Sydney is the best location in the world to hold conferences, conventions, exhibitions, meetings and any other international business event.
Sydney conferences and events benefit from some of the best facilities in the world. Where else can you combine:
Sydney conferences and events have been some of the biggest and most important international meetings the world has seen. In just the past few years these include:
26th Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress, 2011
- more than 4,000 delegates from 67 countries
- some 700 speakers and more than 2,500 presentations and posters covering the full spectrum of eye disease and vision problems
Read more about the 26th Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress.
Amway China Leadership Seminar, 2011
- one of the largest corporate events of the year with 8,500 delegates
- Corporate Charity Walk across iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge
- gala dinner at The Dome - Sydney Showground
Read more about the Amway China Leadership Seminar.
7th International Melanoma Research Congress, 2010
- the congress attracted 950 delegates from 30 countries, the highest attendance in the history of the congress
- Sydney's bid was described as 'outstanding'
Read more about the 7th International Melanoma Research Congress, 2010
2008 Youth Day - up to 400,000 at one Sydney event venue
- 100,000 international pilgrims from 170 countries
- facilitating gatherings of up to 400,000 people at one venue for the main event
2008 World Congress of the Transplantation Society
- held at Sydney's premium exhibition venue, the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- the event attracted more than 4,300 delegates
- filled every meeting room as well as two exhibition halls at the Centre
2007 International AIDS Society Conference
- Sydney hosted the HIV Pathogenesis Treatment and Prevention conference
- important event in the international medical calendar
- attracted more than 6,500 delegates
- held at one of Sydney's leading conference venues
Read more about the International AIDS Society Conference, 2007
2007 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Sydney hosted all meetings and events
- culminating in ‘Leaders Week’, a meeting of 5,000 world leaders and media representatives
2006 World Federation of Occupational Therapists Congress
- congress held at one of Sydney's leading convention venues
- 2,100 delegates, more than 1,000 from overseas
2005 Amway Incentive - international conference held at Sydney venue
- 14,000 national and international delegates came to the city
- Sydney wined, dined and entertained them
Find out about some of Sydney's best conference, convention and event venues
Sydney conferences and events have a long history of organisational efficiency and success. Read on for some case studies on Sydney conferences and major events