Who is Business Events Sydney?
Business Events Sydney (BESydney) is the official organisation responsible for promoting Sydney and New South Wales (NSW) as an international business meeting and conference destination.
We help attract business tourism to Sydney
Our goal is to improve business tourism for Sydney, attracting national and international business events to the city. Overseas and national business events and bid wins include:
- International Congress of the Transplantation Society with 4,000 delegates in 2008
- Pro-Partner Taiwan Incentive with 150 delegates in 2009
- Lions Clubs International Conference with 25,000 delegates in 2010
- 11th Asia Pacific Conference on Giftedness with 850 delegates in 2010
- 6th World Congress of Pediatric Critical Care with 1,500 delegates in 2011
- 16th International Congress of Dietetics with 2,000 delegates in 2012
- Perfect China Leadership Seminar in 2013
- World Congress on Lung Cancer in 2013
In 2009, business events delegate visitor expenditure was worth AUD$7.9 billion to the Australian economy. By 2020, this sector has the potential to contribute up to AUD$16 billion annually. (Tourism 2020 Report)
Read about a few Sydney conference and congress success stories
Your Sydney event, conference and incentive starting point
If you are organising a conference, corporate event or incentive, BESydney is the natural starting-point – and beautiful, world class event city Sydney is the natural choice of location.
Business Events Sydney Corporate Brochure (1.80 MB)
What does Business Events Sydney do?
BESydney is a joint not-for-profit venture between the NSW Government, Destination New South Wales and more than 200 leading tourism attractions, venues, event suppliers and conference organisers.
Learn more about our membership